2018 U.S. Trainer of the Year
Hi! I’m Nicole Martel, your local dog trainer and behavioral therapist, serving Westchester and Putnam counties and the Bronx (and now also serving Ridgefield and Danbury, CT). I will help you become the “leader of the pack”, curing your dog’s behavioral problems and helping build a strong bond between you and your dog. I can help you with ANY BREED, ANY AGE, ANY ISSUE, all in the comfort of your home.
Why home dog training? Because dogs learn best when they can completely focus on the owner in an environment that is quiet and free of distractions, and the issues that are causing concern can be recreated and addressed. Being in a familiar environment where there’s nothing competing for your dog’s attention enables us to address the dog’s obedience issues very quickly. In fact, it’s very common for clients to see results with their dog’s behavioral issues in the first session! In addition to weekdays, I am available evenings and weekends to help work around my clients’ hectic schedules and allow time for the whole family to be involved.
No matter how severe (or in some cases, silly!) the problems may seem, please don’t give up on your dog – reach out and give me a call!! I will diagnose the situation and design a training plan to address your dog’s unique issues, relax your pup, and bring peace back to your home using refined methods, proven in over 25 years of results with over one-million dogs across the globe. I use only simple, dog-friendly techniques that are quick and easy for you to master, producing dramatic results. You will be amazed at the results we can achieve, all WITHOUT having to use treats or forceful/harsh methods – NO shock or prong collars – EVER!
Our methods are ideal for addressing aggression, barking, housebreaking, separation anxiety, jumping up, nipping/biting, pulling on the leash, chewing/destructive behavior, sibling rivalry, and much more. I can help you with ANY BREED, ANY AGE, ANY ISSUE, and of course ANY SIZE dog!
Dogs are my passion, and there is nothing more important to me than improving the lives of dogs and their owners and attempting to eliminate the abuse, abandonment, and euthanasia of dogs. Many of my clients come to me after other types of dog training methods have failed. Don’t give up on your dog without working with me first. Bark Busters Home Dog Trainers have saved many dogs across the country that would have been given up or put to sleep without our training. Each dog, family, and home situation is unique, and there’s nothing more gratifying to me than finding a solution for every single client that calls me. One of the things I love best about my job is that every day, I meet fantastic dogs and owners, and I continue to learn and improve at my craft while my clients are the beneficiaries.
Bark Busters is recommended by :
- Dobbs Ferry Animal Hospital, Dobbs Ferry
- Petchester Veterinary, Eastchester
- Manor Veterinary Clinic, Pelham
- Progressive Animal Hospital, Somers
- Smoochie Poochies, Westchester County
- The Cut Above, Larchmont
- Yonkers Animal Hospital, Yonkers
- Thornwood Animal Hospital, Thornwood
- Stamen Animal Hospital, New Rochelle
- Central Animal Hospital, Scarsdale
- Village Animal Hospital, Larchmont
- White Plains Veterinary Hospital, White Plains
- Happy Tails Grooming Salon, Irvington
- Pelham Animal Hospital, Pelham
- Sleepy Hollow Animal Hospital, Sleepy Hollow
- Fine Animal Hospital, Bedford Hills
ANY AGE, ANY BREED, ANY ISSUE! WHATEVER THE PROBLEM, I’M HERE TO HELP YOU SOLVE IT!
Here are some of the benefits you will experience if you hire me to work with your dog:
- Refined and proven methods—Bark Busters has trained over one-million dogs across the world over the last 25 years, using a carefully refined method of dog obedience training, developed by Bark Busters founders, Sylvia and Danny Wilson. The Bark Busters system is host to the world’s largest network of dog trainers and has the benefit of those more-than-25 years of real experience and results from dogs and trainers all over the globe.
- In-home training—I come to your home, aka “the den”, where all behavioral issues originate, to assess your dog’s issues and develop a customized plan to resolve those issues. After we succeed at correcting the behavior in your home, we can venture outdoors or to locations off-site to work with distractions.
- Customized, personalized solutions to address your unique challenges— I will assess your dog and your situation and tailor an approach that will work for whatever the specific situation dictates, making adjustments as we observe how your dog reacts to the techniques. Your dog is an individual, and your family and home has a unique “personality” to it, and I will design a program to address your specific needs.
- Positive, dog-friendly techniques—The Bark Busters methods foster a positive relationship between you and your dog, creating a lasting emotional bond with trust and respect, which aids in addressing your dog’s behavioral challenges. We will achieve great results without having to use any kind of force (i.e., shock collars, choke collars, pinning, or other types of intimidation) or food extortion/bribery (i.e., treats and clickers).
- Universally effective—No matter if your dog is a puppy or senior citizen, a Chihuahua or a Great Dane, from a breeder or a shelter, regardless of what behavioral issues your dog has, I can help! Any breed, any age, any issue!
- Flexible scheduling—I’m available 7 days a week (including evenings) to work around your hectic schedules and to allow time for the whole family to be involved!
- Organic approach—The natural Bark Busters approach uses the same type of communication that dogs instinctually use as part of their pack, focusing on body language and voice tones. I will teach you how to “speak dog”, to communicate with your dog in a language he already innately understands, almost instantly reducing stress and anxiety and resulting in a relaxed, well-mannered canine companion.
- Efficient, cost-effective system—Because we are tapping into a communication style your dog innately understands, you will see results after just one session, and dramatic improvement with your consistent practice and reinforcement. Then, in follow-up sessions, we can fine tune and address any lingering issues. This is significantly more cost-effective than group classes and other individual private lessons, where you might have to have lessons for weeks or even months to achieve results.
- Guaranteed lifetime support—Bark Busters is the only international dog training company that offers a worldwide written lifetime guarantee. If your circumstances change and your dog starts acting up a couple of years down the road, call me, and I’ll come for a visit, and we’ll get the problem solved!
- Life-saving behavior modification—The Bark Busters method has succeeded where others have failed. These unique, simple techniques have saved countless lives of dogs with behavioral issues from being separated from their families and left to languish in shelters or be euthanized. 25 years of results from across the globe, the largest network of experienced trainers with expertise in the world… whatever the issue, we will come up with a solution. Please don’t give up on your dog! Call ME!
Proven methods. Fast results. No treats or harsh methods. Lifetime support guaranteed.
Contact me now to get started!